Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rome Day 3





Day 3 was the longest but the best day of the trip. We got up early and headed down to the Vatican. The Vatican is super cool, one of the best places to go in Rome. Jeff and I took a jumped into a tour, if you go you have to go with a tour. You learn so much information on the tours that its worth the extra money. I took a picture of the Sistine Chapel, even thou you weren't allowed too. We also went to St. Peter's Basilica, super cool place its the biggest church in the world. After that we walked down to the Coliseum and spend a couple hours there too. After that we spend the next 8 hours at an irish pub, i know 8 hours. We made new friends from England, Spain, Iowa St., Chicago and Boston and even ran into 4 students from OU. It was great to see other bobcats in rome. Enjoy, heading back home tomorrow.

2 comments:

Leslie Murphy said...

i Just looked at all your pictures of Rome and they are amazing... I cant wait to go... where did you stay? I booked a cute bed and breakfast right on the coast a little bit outside the city.. not sure it was the smartest move, but it sounded cute and relaxing. I wish you were going to be there this week so I would have a friend to see things with, but oh well. It will be a crazy adventure and it sounds like 3 days will be enough to see it all considering I wont be spending 8 hours in a pub :) haha... love that you met all those people!!!

Unknown said...

So my brother said the cats are famous for being all over the ancient ruins...so i guess that wasn't that random....still kinda nuts though