Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Frogs, Frogs and more Frogs




Last Saturday I had an assignment to shoot the new COSI exhibit Frogs: A Chorus of Colors on the opening day. When I first found out that I shooting a frog story the first thing that jumped into my mind was a great picture that my good friend Adam Cairns took this summer. Its the little girl blowing on the frog (below). So heading into assignment I wanted to get a great shot like that. Well, once I got to COSI I knew that wasn't going to happen since all the frogs were locked up. After an hour at COSI I was happy with the image of a little girl sticking her tongue out at a frog along the glass(middle). I wanted a better picture, so i waited, waited and waited for the prefect shot of a little kid touching a group of frog pictures. I was really hoping that a little kid was hop along like a frog, but I was dreaming. I settled for a great picture of a little kid holding his stuffed animal frog while pointing to a Solomon Island leaf frog(top). Figuring out what kind what type of frog the kid was pointing to took a while, but in the end it was all worth it. Look out for video coming to my blog about a snow day at Ohio State today.

PS, Adam let me use his frog picture for this post. Thanks Adam, still like your picture way better

1 comment:

Leslie Murphy said...

The little girl with her tongue out is really cute.. nice. I have not been to COSI since HS days... I forgot about it :) sounds like a fun assignment... once again, I feel so bad you have such a rough job :)