Thursday, February 12, 2009

casa de los horrores de los tricolores








Last night I was out in all the rain, wind, and tornado/ hurricane like conditions to shoot the USA vs. Mexico World Cup qualifying match at Crew Stadium.  I was at the first USA/Mexico game 8 years ago in 2001, which the United States won 2-0.  This time around I wasn't taking pictures in the stands for myself, but on the field taking pictures for the Dispatch.  The stadium was rockin last night with both fans cheering and acting crazy.  The only problem happen after the US scored their second goal in stoppage time the Mexican fans were upset that started throwing glass beer bottles on the field.  One of those bottles landed about 2 feet from me and exploded  all over me.  I didn't get hurt or cut, but if i were two more feet to the left I think I would still be at the hospital.  So for taking pictures it was one of my best games ever.  The front page picture (top picture) was a shot that no other photographer had, even SI,  I was in the prefect position.  Thanks for looking.  Here is the link to all the pictures.  Thanks

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/multimedia/audio_slideshows/2009/02/USA_MEXICO/index.html


3 comments:

Scooty said...

I love the guy giving the finger in the second picture

Leslie Murphy said...

Really good pictures and super jealous you were at the game... glad you survived the beer bottle barrage :)

renee said...

congrats on a great job. saw the front page the day after - great frame!