Friday, June 12, 2009

Big Jake





So last night I ran into Big Jake, one of the coolest cats I know, downtown at gaswerks with a bunch of volleyball boys.  It always gets a little crazy when some of the volleyball guys get together, we just know how to party.  Jake was getting on me because there wasn't any pictures of him on my blog.  So I told him last night I would make a post just about him.  So here we go.  

Big Jake is one of the most down to earth volleyball guys I know.  I don't think that I have ever seen the kid get mad, only when you talk about his 3 sisters. HAHA.  He tells some of the worst but best jokes around.  He is one of the guys who will always put a smile on your face and make fun of you when you do something dumb.  One of the best nights we had was on mothers weekend down in athens while I was still living in the Montrose house.  My mom was in town for the night and we has already been to the bars and came back to eat dinner and then go back out.  While we were eatting Big Jake called me and wanted to see what I was doing with my mom.  At the time he wasn't 21 and his mom was in town too and was trying to figure out what to do with his mom. He was also trying to pull his life together after blacking out twice the night before.  Anyways, I told him that there was still a cold keg from the party the night before that he should come on over with his mom.  So, Jake and his mom came over and we started to play beer pong with our moms.  Both moms had never played the game so it was interesting to see them shoot and play.  We never made it back to the bars everyone was having a blast and then out of no where two basketball players showed up at my house, James Bridgewater and Delvar Barrett, and wanted to play beer pong with us.  So it just ended up being Jakes and his mom, two basketball players and mom and me playing beer pong all night.  Anyways, I have some funny stories about this kid I could go on all day.  Jake is a great guy and a great friend.  Here are two pictures of Big Jake from the KC Volleyball National Championships in 2005. Enjoy Big Jake! 

1 comment:

Leslie Murphy said...

nice...when do I get my own post??? haha