Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Two best



I told you all that I was going to post my two best shots from the Memorial Tournament and here they are.  The one golfer picture of Jim Furyk was the lead picture on sports saturday morning and the other weather feature didn't even make the paper, which sucks.  So I had to pick up Furyk on Friday because he was making a run to the top of the leader board.  It was a bright and sunny day and decided to try and be different from everyone else and get something super close on my guy.  I will say it now, I got really lucky with the sun hitting the club and making a shine like that.  I took a picture a couple holes before this shot and saw the same shine on the club but wasn't as close.  So I kept on trying to get closer until it work and got this great picture.  As for the raining shot, it took me all day to find a picture like that. The sky was dark and was raining all day and I walked past it at first and then it hit me.  I took about 100 pictures in 5 mins at all different  settings waiting for the right picture.  Then the ball came to the hole and the guys started moving his hands and I got the picture.  Of course the paper didn't run it the next day, they ran two picture from two days ago in the metro section and it was sunny.  I didn't understand why they didn't want to use it, they didn't have a single raining picture in the day.  It was a gross and grey day but I took a picture that I really liked.  

1 comment:

Leslie Murphy said...

I like them both and yeah, the light on the club is perfect :) I am jealous and what you pull off... nice job again :)